Thursday, March 22, 2007

SimFlyer Products

So for those of you that are looking for alternate GPS gauges, weather, etc you should check out the SimFlyer line:


They have some really cool GPS/Weather alternatives that are worth looking into. I recently purchased their MDF/WXR because I wanted to have a GPS and Weather screen all in one solution for the cockpit. Unfortunately due to some limitation in Flight Simulator or a coding issue somewhere, it appears most gauges use an overlay on top of a GPS window for weather related information. This overlay can't be resized in flight simulator. That presented a problem with the MDF/WXR I bought because of unique circumstances in my cockpit. For me, I have to bring up the GPS on screen, move it half way off the screen towards the 7" GPS (tv) screen, close the GPS window, then reopen it for it to "pop" over to the 7" screen. Then I have to mouse over to the 7" screen and resize the GPS window to be full screen. Since the overlays for weather can't be resized in game (only via the panel's config file) it, unfortunately, does not allow me to use the cool SimFlyer MDF/WXR I purchased. 

But how cool is SimFlyer. I contacted them regarding this purchase, and first reply got some helpful tips. I tried those to no avail unfortunately, so asked if I could have a refund. They asked me for some info about my order and after emailing them that, gave me a refund! Very cool of them to do that. I removed the installed software, the wrapper and the registry entries. Naturally if I reinstalled I would get charged again. But I thought that was a cool thing for them to do.

If you use gauges on screen or have a secondary large screen where you store your gauges at, SimFlyer offers some sweet products! Check em out!

Matt

VATSIM Pilot, USA-W
Coral Airlines, N324CR
Pilot ID: 908853

No comments: